In this guide we will pair the Bluetooth enabled music player on our phone to the Toyota FJ Cruiser’s multimedia system.
Note: Before you begin this tutorial, make sure your Bluetooth is enabled on your phone and is discoverable.
- First turn on the audio system, and push the AUX button one to three times until you see the BT Audio Player screen.
- Push the SETUP button at the bottom of the screen.
- System voice will say: “Bluetooth audio setup. Push the talk switch, and say: Pair audio player, select audio player, change name, list audio players, set passkey or delete audio player. No audio player selected.”
- Push the talk switch on the steering wheel. Wait for the beep. Then say, “Pair audio player”.
- System voice will say: “Pair. To set up a new audio player, the system will disconnect the phone. You may need to reconnect the phone after audio player setup is complete. Push the talk switch and say a name for the audio player.”
- You must always wait for the beep before speaking the next command. Push the talk switch again, and say a name for the audio player after the beep. For example Mike’s audio player.
- System voice will say: “Mike’s audio player. Push the talk switch and say, confirm. Otherwise say, go back”.
- When the system asks you to confirm the name, push the switch again and say, confirm.
- The system voice will say: “Ready for the audio player pairing. Please use the audio player to connect it to the Bluetooth audio system. The passkey for the audio player is 0000.”
- The system will provide a passkey, and then repeat the word searching until you input the passkey on the correct page in your phone, and the audio system finds your audio player.
- The system will tell you when the audio player is paired. System voice: “The audio player is paired.”
- If you’re finished pairing devices, cancel out of the setup process by pushing the talk switch, and saying, cancel.
- While paired you can control volume, seek tracks, pause, and play through the vehicle audio system, but all other controls remain with your Bluetooth audio player.
- If your audio player has no way to input a passkey, you must first reset the vehicle passkey to match your player.