The controls for your moon roof on your Toyota Avalon are located in the overhead console.
It also includes a sunshade that be opened and closed manually. It’ll open automatically when the moon roof is opened.
- To open the moon roof, press and hold the button for about a second.
- It’ll open to a position for reduced wind noise.
- Press it again and it’ll open to its fully opened position.
- To close the moon roof, press and hold the close switch for about a second to fully close it.
- o open the moon roof part way when it’s opening or closing, tap either the open or close button to stop it at your preferred position.
- The up/down switch let’s you tilt the moon roof up or down.
- Simply press and hold the switch to open or close it all the way.
- Tapping the up or down switch will tilt up or down in smaller increments.
- If something gets in the way of the moon roof closing, or tilting down, the Jam Protection function stops the closing and opens the moon roof slightly.
- If the moon roof is left opened when the vehicle is turned off and the drivers door is opened, a message will appear in the Instrument Panel, (beeps) and a chime will sound.
- After turning the vehicle off you can operate the moon roof for approximately 45 seconds prior to opening one of the front doors.