Toyota Prius is well known for its remarkable fuel economy, and to keep track of fuel savings, it gives you multiple options to choose from. This guide will help you access that information.
You change change multiple settings on instrument cluster display using the DISP button on your steering wheel.
- To cycle through the five default information screens in the animated menu, press the DISP button on the steering wheel.
- Advance to Settings & Screen Off.
- Then press and hold the same DISP button to make changes.
- Press the DISP button again to move through the Settings menu.
- Press and hold the button to select the highlighted item. For example, choose Set Clock to reset the clock, change the date, switch the clock mode, or change the language.
- Return takes you back to the Settings menu.
- To set up the Eco Savings display, Past Record, and Five-Minute Consumption features, select Set Eco Savings, then Change, to input the average cost of fuel in your area.
- Pressing the DISP button raises the number. The trip button lowers it.
- If you leave it for five seconds, the system records the number, and switches back to the previous menu.
- Next, input a fuel economy estimate for a car you would like to compare.
- Finally, choose the level of detail you would like to see in the resulting screen, then press and hold Return to get back to the Settings menu.
Menu screen selection lets you add screens to the initial five in the animated home screen, such as Eco Savings Record, showing either the fuel cost or savings for the past four months, and for the same month one year ago, fuel consumption average for every five minutes, and up to 30 minutes, and past fuel economy records by rank, or by month.
You can also turn the multi-information display off, except for the odometer, trip meter, average fuel consumption, and clock. Also, whenever you turn the vehicle off, “See you” will appear in the display, followed by a summary of the information from that trip.