The auto power windows in Renault Talisman has pinch or jam protection feature which automatically reopens the window if it detects an obstacle. If the window bounce back when closing without any obstacle, you may have to reprogram the window.
The most common cause for windows bouncing back when closing in Renault Talisman is when the 12 volt battery has been replaced or disconnected and the auto windows require a reset. Another reason for bounce back is when the window is sticking due to resistance in the frame.
Window bounce back after fully closing
If the window in your Talisman bounce back and reopens after fully closing, it means the auto window feature needs to be reprogrammed. Follow the reset procedure to fully restore the functionality.
- Start your Talisman.
- Close all the doors and windows.
- Open the window by pressing and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully open, keep the switch pressed for a few seconds.
- Close the window by lifting and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully closed, keep the switch held for a few seconds.
Note: Repeat the procedure if the window bounce back again. If it still doesn’t work, repeat the procedure without starting the engine and the ignition in ON position. To turn on the ignition in vehicles with start/stop button, press the button without pressing the brake pedal.
If the above reset instructions do not work for your Talisman, then this alternate method may work.
- Start your Talisman.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Open the window by pressing and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully open, keep the switch pressed for a few seconds. Release the switch, then press it again and hold it for a few seconds.
- Close the window by lifting and holding the window control switch. When the window is fully closed, keep the switch held for a few seconds. Release the switch, then pull it upward again and hold it.
- The one-touch up and down features will then be fully functional.
Note: If the window still bounce back in your Talisman, repeat the procedure without starting the engine and the ignition in ON position. To turn on the ignition in vehicles with start/stop button, press the button without pressing the brake pedal.
Window bounce back midway
Renault Talisman has a power window pinch protection feature which can reduce the risk of being pinched and injured when the windows are closing. If the window cannot close due to resistance or an obstacle, then the window will reopen immediately.
Lubricate the window
If the window in your Talisman bounce back midway after following the reset procedure, the window may be sticking due to high resistance in the window frame. In this case, apply some water resistant silicone lubricant to the side edges of the window.
Wipe the excess spray off with a cloth or paper towel to prevent any damage to the paint or the interior.
How to operate auto power windows
The one-touch opening and closing function in Renault Talisman allows the windows to be completely opened or closed with one press of the switch. To use this feature, do not hold the window switch up or down.
- To start the one-touch closing function, pull the window switch upward briefly to the second level.
- To start the one-touch opening function, press the window switch downward briefly to the second level.
- To stop the one-touch opening or closing function, pull or press the switch for that window again.
Careless or unintended use of the power windows in your Talisman can cause serious injuries.
- Do not open or close the power windows if anyone is in the way.
- Never leave children or people requiring assistance unattended in your Talisman when the vehicle is locked. The windows cannot open in an emergency situation.
- Always take all vehicle keys with you when leaving the vehicle. The windows can still be opened or closed using the switches in the doors for a brief period after the ignition has been switched off, as long as the driver’s or front passenger door is not opened.
Auto windows bouncing back when closing is a fairly common problem in Renault Talisman and should be expected when disconnecting or replacing the 12 volt battery. You do not need to visit a workshop to restore the auto functionality, just reprogram them with provided instructions. If the bounce back is due to resistance in the window frame, a few spurts of silicone lubricant to the sides of the window should help.