This guide will show you how to operate front and rear wipers on Toyota 4-Runner.
Note: This method is specific to fifth generation N280 models built from 2009, older models may have similar method.
How to operate front wipers
- To operate the wipers, locate the stock on the right side of the steering wheel,
- Move the right hand stalk up for a single wipe.
- Move the stock down one position to activate the intermittent setting then rotate the inner control ring to increase or decrease the wiper frequency.
- Moving the stock down, one more position selects slow constant wiper mode and moving it down one more selects the fast setting.
- To activate the windshield washers pull the entire stock towards you.
How to operate deicer
Select 4-Runner models include a front deicer. It is switched on and off using a button below the power mirror controls on the left side of the instrument panel.
How to operate rear window wiper
All 4-Runners have a rear window wiper. It’s controls are located at the end of the wiper stock.
- Twist the knob on the end of the stock one click to wipe and wash the rear window.
- Rotate it away form you to turn the wiper on an intermittent mode.
- Move to the next position for steady operation and once more to activate the window washer.