Park Assist on Volkswagen Tiguan makes it possible to park semi-automatically in all parking spaces that are parallel and perpendicular to the road.
In addition, parking is also offered from parallel parking spaces. In the case of transversely arranged parking spaces, the system not only support backward parking, but also semi-automatic forward parking. The Volkswagen with Park Assist steer fully automatically when parking. The driver only has to accelerate and brake. An emergency braking system also prevents parking damage within the technical limits.
Parking your VW
When looking for a parking spot, open spots are displayed in the instrument cluster display.
- Press the Park Assist button on the center console.
- Drive at a speed below 25 miles per hour and maintain a distance of 1.6 to 6.5 feet from the vehicles parked along the street.
- When your vehicle has reached the correct position for parking, a prompt appears on the instrument cluster telling you to park.
- Stop and shift the transmission into reverse.
- When you see the message “steering intervention, check area around vehicle”, lift your hands slightly from the steering wheel while checking for obstacles. Carefully allow your vehicle to move backward.
- Back until you hear a continuous tone from the Park distance control system, or until the prompt to drive forward appears. A progress bar shows where you are in the parking process.
- Shift the gear to D and drive forward until there is a continuous tone or the prompt to reverse appears.
- A message appears “park assist ended”, once you’re parked.
Driving out of parking
VW Park Assist can also help you get out of a tight parking space.
- Start the engine and press the Park Assist button on the center console.
- Use your turn signal and shift into reverse.
- When “steering intervention, check area around vehicle” appears, lift your hands slightly from the wheel and let your foot off of the brake.
- Back until there is a continuous tone from the Park distance control system or until the prompt to drive forward appears.
- Press and hold the brake pedal until the Park Assist system has finished steering or until the brake symbol disappears, and then drive forward.
- If you can drive out of the parking space, a message appears telling you to take over steering. When traffic permits, you can pull out of the parking space.