The available Cruise Control System is engaged and adjusted with the controls located on a short stalk just behind the steering wheel on Toyota Prius.
You can use cruise control to maintain a set speed without using the accelerator. The system will only operate when the transmission is in D for drive, and the vehicle speed is faster than 25 miles per hour.
- To use Cruise Control, press the button at the end of the stalk. The Cruise indicator will appear in the instrument display.
- Accelerate to the desired speed, then press the lever down to set the cruise control speed.
- Once the Cruise Control speed is set, you could still increase vehicle speed with the accelerator, but when you release the accelerator pedal, the vehicle will return to the set speed.
- To increase the set speed, push and hold the lever up until the speed is reached.
- Release the lever and the system will work to hold that new set speed.
- To decrease the speed setting, push and hold the lever down until you reach the desired speed, then release it.
- The set speed will be erased when you turn Cruise Control, or the ignition, off.
- If the Cruise Control indicator flashes, use the On/Off button to turn it off and back on again.
Thank you! I get better gas mileage on cruise control.