Cruise control on your Toyota is controlled by a small dock on your steering wheel and includes indicators in the multi-information display or MID that tell you when the system is on, and what speed is set.
You can use cruise control to help you drive at a set speed above 25 miles per hour without pressing on the accelerator pedal.
- To activate the system, press the on/off button on the end of the stock.
- The cruise control icon will appear in the instrument display.
- Then, accelerate or decelerate to your intended speed, and press the stock down to set the speed.
- If you need to increase your set speed, push the stock up and release it for a one-mile-per-hour increment.
- Holding the stock up will accelerate continuously to a desired speed.
- Release the stock and the speed will set.
- To reduce the set speed, push down for a one-mile-per-hour decrease. Holding the stock down will decelerate continuously. Release the stock at your desired speed and the speed will set.
- If you wish to cancel cruise control you can either, pull the stock towards you, or tap the breaks.
- To resume to your previously set speed, push the stock up when driving above 25 miles per hour.
- To turn the system off, press the on/off button.