After a long wait, Toyota finally introduced Android Auto compatibility on its vehicles. Lets see how you can use it on Toyota RAV4, the most popular SUV in America and beyond.
The 2020 model year and newer Toyota RAV4 vehicles are now compatible with Android Auto. Android Auto brings your favorite apps into one place, making it easier for you to access your favorite navigation, media, and communication apps on the road while minimizing distractions.
And now with Google Assistant, you can perform actions by voice, keeping your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel.
To use Android Auto, you’ll require an Android smartphone running 5.0, known as Lollipop or higher, and the Android Auto app.
- Install Android Auto on your phone from Google Play Store.
- Open the app on phone and give all the permissions if it asks.
- Now with your vehicle in Park and parking brake activated, go to Setup on the infotainment system, then Projection Settings and make sure that Android Auto is enabled.
- Plug your data cable into your phone and the USB port of RAV4 at the lower end of the dash.
- The Android Auto will appear on your home screen or menu screen. Touch the icon to open the Android Auto interface.
- If you did not enable the Android Auto in the settings, then a pop-up will appear asking for your permission. Touch On to launch Android Auto or Off if you just want to charge your phone.
The main screen automatically brings you recently used apps on the top row. All of the other compatible apps that you have on your device are displayed below.
What you can do with Android Auto
Here are some of the things you can do with Android Auto. Find your way around using either Google Maps or Waze, it’s easy to get where you’re going with voice guided navigation. Live traffic information, lane guidance, and more.
Easily make phone calls or send and receive messages while keeping your hands on the wheel.
Google Play Music
Listen to your favourite tunes. Google Play Music offers on-demand access to 40 million songs and allows you to stream endless music on and off the road.
Access your phone apps
Access your go-to apps. Android Auto makes it easy to access your favorite music, media, and messaging apps in the car.
And remember, with Google Assistant, you can keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel while using voice to help you with your day. Just say okay Google, or hold the voice command button on your steering wheel down for two seconds.