Understanding the in-car Wi-Fi features will help you get the most out of them and out of the driving experience. Here are some tips to get you started.
The in-car Wi-Fi feature turns your Mazda into a mobile hotspot, able to connect up to five devices to the Internet.
- If you’d like to activate hotspot, begin by configuring the Wi-Fi settings in your vehicle using the center display which can be controlled using your vehicle’s commander control knob on the center console.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Then select “Connectivity Settings”.
- Then select “Wi-Fi settings” – here you can define SSID and change Wi-Fi hotspot password.
- Activate the in-car Wi-Fi by touching the checkbox in front of “Wi-Fi Hotspot”.
Note: Your Mazda must be running or in accessory mode for your Wi-Fi hotspot to function.
I have a Mazda 3 2019 received a year ago, I am in Israel, and initially I understood that it came without a Wi-Fi option, which seemed strange to me, until when I see this video on how to activate this function, but I see that it gives the Wi-Fi option, but in mine it only brings the option to connect for Android auto and Car play, and no more, you could tell me that I can activate it or if there is a module that provides me with this option, any comments from you, it’s going to help a lot. Understand that’s necessary to connect wireless Android auto.