To be able to transport a motorcycle safely, there are a few points to consider. The motorcycle can be damaged as soon as it is loaded. We show you which tips and tricks it works and how your bike arrives safely.
1. Use a beer bench or a sturdy board to push the motorcycle onto the trailer or in the van. Ideally, of course, you use a special ramp, which ensures that your motorcycle does not slip thanks to the corrugation.
2. As soon as the motorcycle is loaded, put it down with the stand and secure it on the front and back with two straps.
3. You should attach the lashing straps to the handlebar or fork and tie them down at the left and right.
4. To prevent the straps from leaving any marks, you should cover painted parts with a cloth.
5. Always make sure that the lashing straps are not tightened too tight. For safety, you should secure the straps with a knot after lashing so that they do not open by themselves.
6. When transporting on a trailer, the best way to protect the motorcycle from dirt and moisture is to use a tarpaulin. The tarpaulin must also be properly tightened so that it does not come loose during the journey.