For those times that you share your Volkswagen Tiguan, a memory function can help ensure that you can easily go back to your perfect fit.
There are two ways to program your memory seat: the old way of saving mirror and seat position on numbered buttons, and the link to key method.
Set up memory seat
- To set the memory seat, adjust the driver’s seat and outside mirrors to your desired position.
- Press and release the SET button located on the left side of the driver’s seat.
- Then press and hold the memory button 1, 2 or 3, until the chime sound. The memory is set.
Recall memory seat
- To recall the memory when the ignition is off and the door is open, simply press the memory button one time and wait until the stored settings are reached.
- The system works differently if vehicle doors are closed or the ignition is on. In that case, press and hold the corresponding memory button and the driver’s seat and mirrors will move to the last stored setting.
Volkswagen now features automatically retrievable personalization for the T-Roc, Golf, Touran, Tiguan, Touareg, Atlas, Passat and Arteon. Multiple drivers can save locally personalized settings.
Different drivers of a car need different settings. Be it little things like the radio station or the air conditioning, or even important things like adjusting the driver’s seat. Thanks to the “Key Memory”, these settings can now be saved on latest VW models, so that everything is no longer set up manually.
Each driver receives a personal username, which is combined with the adjusted settings. All information can then be saved and activated in the associated car key. If you accidentally get the wrong key, the profile in the instrument cluster can be changed in a flash. A total of three storage spaces and a guest account are available.
Depending on the model and equipment, the following functions are saved:
- Electrically adjustable driver’s seat with memory: seating position.
- Exterior mirror: position, lowering when reversing.
- Air conditioning: temperature setpoints (left/right), ventilation with circulating air and fan level.
- Infotainment: including navigation settings, radio stations, sound.
- Head-up display: selection of displays.
- Instrument cluster: multifunction display, Active Info Display.
- Driving profile selection: last profile.
- Park Assist / Park Assist including parking aid: volume of the alerts.
- Light: Coming Home and Leaving Home.
- Configuration of the driver assistance systems: Adaptive Cruise Control automatic distance control, pedestrian protection advance warning, lane assist, traffic sign recognition, side assist, blind spot sensor with parking assistant.
Program to key fob
To program your key to the different drivers in the vehicle: on the infotainment system display, touch CAR, then select SETUP/Settings. From the list, select Personalization.
Under “Personalization” menu, there are four profile that you can choose from: Driver 1, Driver 2, Driver 3 and Guest.
Touch the profile name to activate it or touch the arrow next to the profile name to view its settings, under which you can: Rename account, Copy settings to another account and Reset account.
Assign driver’s profile to key fob
- Under the “Personalization” menu, scroll down to Settings and select Assign key to current account.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, select Assign to confirm.
- Within three seconds, press the unlock button on the key fob that you want to link to the selected driver’s profile.
- A confirmation message will appear: “Vehicle key was assigned to the current account”.
- Now whenever you unlock the car with this linked key, it will automatically select your chosen profile and make all the adjustments: seat position, mirrors position, etc.