Your Mazda CX-5 may be equipped with a feature that lets you save driving seat position for two persons. This guide will help you program memory seat along with Active Driving Display.
Which trims have memory seat?
The 8-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar support and 2-position memory comes standard on Grand Touring, Grand Touring Reserve and Signature trim levels.
How to program memory seat
- Turn on the ignition.
- Adjust the driver’s seat to your desired position.
- Adjust the Active Driving Display to your desired position.
- Press and hold SET button on the left side of the driver’s seat until you hear a beep.
- Within five seconds, press and hold 1 or 2 button to save the position, until you hear a beep.
- Now whenever you press that numbered button, it will call up your programmed position and you will hear a beep once its finished repositioning.
Word of caution: When the memory seat is operating, do not put your fingers or hands around the bottom of the seat, as this can cause injury.
Program memory seat to key
A driving position can also be programmed to the key in use for driving the vehicle.
- Make sure the parking brake is on.
- Make sure the selector lever is in the P position.
- Start the engine.
- Adjust the seat and the Active Driving Display to the desired driving position.
- Press the SET button on the seat until a beep sound is heard one time.
- Within five seconds, press and hold the unlock button on the key fob until a beep sound is heard one time.
- Now, whenever you use this key to unlock the doors, it will automatically adjust the seat to your programmed position within 40 seconds of opening the driver’s door. You will hear a beep sound when its finished repositioning. After you start the engine, the Active Driving Display adjustment begins.
Note: The memory seat function will cancel if the vehicle starts moving.
My CX-5 resets to a position I don’t want when I unlock the doors. How can I turn this off? I only want the seats to move when I push the 1 or 2 function on the seat not when I unlock the car.
Its probably associated with the key you’re using.
Whichever button is set last will be the default seat position every time you unlock the car: i.e if you want button 1 to be default every time you unlock your car, you need to set position for button 2 first, followed by button 1.
I want to turn off the set on the key. How to do this?
Erasing the driving positions programmed to the key on Mazda CX-5
Note: If a beep sound is heard three times, the operation is cancelled.