So you want to reset the maintenance reminder on your Honda CR-V. Don’t worry, it can be done with just a few simple steps.
Note: This tutorial is specifically for Honda CR-V fifth generation made from year 2017 onwards, with a push start button.
- Press the vehicle’s start button twice without pushing the brake pedal.
- Press the “info” button on your steering wheel, and continue pressing it until you reach the wrench symbol.
- Press the “ENTER” button on your steering wheel – which will show you the “Oil Life”.
- Press and hold the “ENTER” button for about 5 seconds.
- A selection menu will pop-up, select “All Due Items” and press “ENTER” to reset all service reminders.
- If you want to just reset oil life, select “Item A Only” and press “ENTER”.
Method 2: Using Trip Button
Depending on your trim, you may have to use the trip meter button to reset the oil life.
- Turn on the vehicle to accessory mode.
- Press the trip button and keep pressing until you see “Oil Life” on your vehicle’s instrument cluster screen.
- Press and hold the trip button for about 5 seconds until the “Oil Life” starts flashing.
- Let go of the button, then press and hold trip button again for about 5 seconds until “Oil Life” stops flashing.
- Service life for oil is now set at 100%.