This guide will show you how to reset the maintenance reminder on a 2016 Honda Civic, but the procedure should be similar to other Honda models.
Note: This tutorial is specific to American and Canadian models, it may differ for vehicles in other countries.
- First turn the key on to the second step or accessory mode, just enough to turn the dash on but you don’t need the engine on.
- Using steering controls, scroll through the menu on the instrument cluster screen and go to the settings menu displayed with a wrench symbol.
- Now press and hold the enter button on the steering wheel for a few seconds.
- After about 5 seconds it will pop-up “Maintenance Reset” option.
- Scroll to “Item 0 Only” from the list and press enter/okay button on steering wheel.
- The oil life reset warning light should now disappear when you start your car.