The air conditioning filter located behind the glovebox prevents dust from entering the vehicle through the air conditioning vent.
It may need to be replaced after long use or if the airflow and operating conditions cause it to clog.
- To replace the filter, open the glovebox and slide off the damper push in each side of the glovebox to disconnect the claws.
- Remove the air filter while pushing in both sides of the cover.
- Pull the filter out of the outlet.
- Inspect it and replace it if necessary.
- When installing the filter in the outlet, be sure to keep the arrow pointing up.
- To maintain efficient air conditioning, follow the maintenance schedule outlined in your owner’s manual.