If your vehicle is equipped with remote start, one of the most convenient features of Volkswagen’s Car-Net mobile app is the ability to start your vehicle remotely with the climate control adjusted to the pre-set temperature.
Before using remote start for the first time, you must pair a compatible phone with the vehicle.
Pairing VW Car-Net app
If your phone was not paired with the vehicle after the app was downloaded, this is how you pair it.
- In Car-Net app, go to Manage Paired Devices under account management.
- Pair the app with the vehicle and accept pairing requests.
- When prompted, enter your phone number and device name (nickname), and select Submit.
- If this is the first time the device is being paired, touch Register on the confirmation pop-up on the vehicle’s infotainment system.
- You should receive a confirmation message on the vehicle’s display: “Registration Complete: Your mobile is now registered for VW Car-Net remote services.”
- Remote start is now enabled on your phone.
How to remote start
To start the vehicle remotely, ensure that the vehicle is in a ventilated area. Then from the REMOTE tab in the vehicle screen, touch START. Enter your four digit pin code and touch OK to confirm. Remote start will be activated and the engine will be turned on.
Engine remains on for 10 min max
The engine will remain on for a maximum of 10 minutes prior to vehicle entry. If the vehicle is not entered within that time, the engine will shut off and the doors will remain locked. You can use remote start two times before having to turn on the vehicle manually.
Must restart engine before driving
As a safety feature, the vehicle cannot be driven when started remotely. The engine must be turned off and then on using the push start button before driving the vehicle.