The available remote engine starter feature enables you to start your vehicle and engage preset temperature settings from outside your vehicle.
It is operated using your remote keyless entry transmitter and, under most conditions, has an open-air range of approximately 80 feet.
To use the remote engine starter, make sure the shift lever is in Park and the key is not in the ignition. Check to see that the doors and hood are securely closed. If any are ajar, the system will not operate. Also, the system will not operate if the brake pedal is depressed.
- To start the engine, just press and release the lock button on your key fob twice within two seconds. The hazard lights will flash each time you press the button.
- Then press and hold the button for three seconds. The hazard lights will flash once when you press the button, then once again after three seconds.
- Once the engine starts, the hazard lights will flash for 20 seconds.
- Once it’s started, if the engine is left running in Park for 10 minutes, it will automatically shut off.
Turning Engine Off Remotely
There are two ways to turn the engine off using the remote engine starter.
- To turn the engine off and unlock the doors, press the unlock button.
- The engine will turn off, the hazard lights will flash twice, and you will hear two beeps.
- To turn the engine off and lock the doors, press and hold the lock button for two or more seconds. The engine will turn off, the hazard lights will flash once, and you will hear a single beep.