Hyundai Palisade supports remote start feature that allows you to remotely start the engine of your vehicle for the purpose of cooling or preheating the interior before the passengers gets to it.
The remote start feature in Hyundai Palisade has many benefits. You can start your vehicle in advance when the weather is too hot or cold outside. The system turns on the air conditioning or heating, making inside cabin temperature more tolerable when you get to your vehicle.
Remote start procedure for Palisade
You can remotely start your Hyundai Palisade by following these simple steps:
- Press the LOCK button on the key fob of your Palisade.
- Then within 4 seconds press and hold the REMOTE START button for over 2 seconds on the key fob.
- The engine starts and the turn signal lights flash multiple times.
- Once started remotely, the engine will run for 10 minutes and then shut down automatically.
The vehicle remains secured when you have remotely started the engine. A valid key must be inside the vehicle to be able to drive.
The remote start procedure must be performed within 32 feet or 10 meters distance from your Palisade, otherwise the engine may not start. The range may be reduced due to weak battery in the key fob or external signal interference.
Remotely stop Palisade’s engine
Press the REMOTE START button once on the key fob to remotely stop the engine of your Hyundai Palisade. The engine turns off and the doors remain locked. For this to work, the remote must be in the range of the smart entry system. If the remote is out of the range, the engine will not stop until 10 minutes duration has expired.
Driving after remote start
To start driving your Hyundai Palisade when the engine is running after remote start, enter the vehicle with the smart key on you and close the door. You don’t have to press the brake pedal and engine start/stop button. The vehicle automatically turns on all the functions when it detects the smart key inside the vehicle.
Extending engine running time
Most vehicles from other automakers allow two remote engine starts before you have to manually start the vehicle from inside the vehicle, but not with Hyundai. When you remotely start the engine of your Hyundai Palisade, it will run for 10 minutes and then shut off automatically. That is it! You cannot perform another remote start procedure to extend engine running time. You must start the engine normally from inside the vehicle before you are allowed to use remote start again.
Climate control settings
Remote engine start will also activate air conditioning system in your Palisade by defaulting to the condition they were in when the vehicle was turned off. Therefore it is important to keep the air conditioner turned on and set to your desired temperature before switching off the ignition.
Keeping your vehicle’s climate on the AUTO setting is recommended for improved vehicle temperature preconditioning.
Important to remember: If the climate system was turned off in your Palisade before you stopped the engine, the climate system does not operate when you start the engine remotely.
Remote start Hyundai Palisade with a mobile device
To remotely start the engine of your Palisade with an Apple iPhone or Android mobile device, you must be subscribed to Bluelink, and your vehicle must be in cellular range.
- Download “MyHyundai with Bluelink” app from App Store or Google Play on your mobile device.
- Tap the MyHyundai app icon on your device to start using the app.
- Sign-in to your Bluelink Account. If you don’t have an account, then tap Register and create a new account by following on-screen prompts. You will need your vehicle’s VIN to proceed.
- Now tap the ENGINE START button under Remote Commands on your vehicle’s home screen.
- Select from one of the presets, or tap Remote Start Without Presets.
- Select your desired settings for cabin temperature, engine duration, front defroster, rear window and side mirror defrosters, and heated or ventilated seats. Then tap Start Vehicle Now.
- A notification message will appear, “Remote Start In Progress: Vehicle is processing Remote Start. This can take up to two minutes.”
- The engine will run for your chosen duration (maximum 10 minutes) and then shut down automatically. A countdown is displayed in the app.
- To remotely turn off your Palisade’s engine, touch the ENGINE STOP button under Remote Commands.
Note: Some options may not be available, depending on your vehicle’s equipment.
Remote start preconditions
Before you can remote start your Palisade, make sure all the following conditions are satisfied.
- Ignition is OFF.
- Alarm is armed (i.e., vehicle locked by key fob Remote Door Lock).
- Gearshift level is in the “P” (park) position.
- Brake pedal is not depressed.
- Engine hood is securely closed.
- All the doors are closed and locked.
- The tailgate or trunk lid is closed.
- The security/panic system is not activated.
- The proximity key is not inside the vehicle.
- Vehicle is located in an open area.
- It has been less than 4 days since last vehicle ignition off.
- Vehicle located in area with good cell reception.
Remote start system not working in Palisade
If your Palisade does not start when you perform the remote starting procedure, it can be due to a number of reasons:
- The hood on your Palisade is not fully closed.
- The vehicle is low on fuel.
- One or more of the vehicle doors are open, make sure they are securely closed.
- The transmission is not in park mode (P).
- The 12v battery voltage has gone too low.
- The service engine light is turned on in the instrument cluster.
- One remote engine start procedure has already been performed.
- The remote engine start button is not pressed and held within 4 seconds of pushing the LOCK button on the key fob.
- The remote start system in your Palisade has malfunctioned.
Range issue: If there are buildings and obstacles between your vehicle and the remote, the range will be reduced. This distance may vary by external electrical interference.
Your Hyundai Palisade may not have the remote start feature. Get your vehicle checked by an authorized Hyundai dealer to confirm if it is equipped with a remote start system.
Automatic engine shutdown after remote start
For safety and security reasons, the remote engine start system in Hyundai Palisade will stop the engine if running when one or more of the following conditions are met:
- After 10 minutes or after selected engine timer runs out.
- Brake is pressed without proximity key inside the vehicle.
- Alarm is triggered without proximity key inside the vehicle.
- Door/trunk is opened from inside the vehicle.
These are warnings against actions which may cause injury to people/vehicle if the warning is ignored.
- Never start the engine of your Palisade in an enclosed area (such as a garage or indoor parking lot) where exhaust gases may accumulate and create a hazardous environment with potential for Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning. Breathing CO gas can cause unconsciousness and even kill you.
- Do not start the engine if a child or pet are present in or near the vehicle.
- Always turn off vehicle systems such as the windshield wipers, headlights and radio before leaving the vehicle. If left on, such systems may be damaged or vehicle battery depleted by remote engine start in extreme cold weather.
- Do not use remote start if the vehicle is low on fuel. The vehicle may run out of fuel.
Engine idling law
There are laws against car idling with no passenger or driver inside in many states to protect the environment. It does not mean its completely illegal to use remote start, some states have time limit on how long you can keep the engine running. So check with your local state laws before using the remote start feature on your Hyundai Palisade.