The electric seat adjustment with memory function saves the individual seat adjustments of up to two users for the driver’s seat and the adjustment of the exterior mirrors – laborious readjustment of seats and mirrors is not necessary. This guide shows you how to program memory seats on Toyota RAV4.
Note: To use the driver seat memory system located on the driver’s door, the RAV4 must be on and the transmission must be in park.
- To program your preferences, first adjust the driver’s seat to the desired position.
- Then press and hold the SET button, then press and hold button one (1) or two (2) until you hear a confirming tone. If the numbered button you choose has already been preset, the previously recorded position will be overwritten.
- If the seat position has been changed, you can return it to the preset position by pressing the same numbered memory button until you hear a confirming tone and the seat will adjust back to your setting.
Link Memory Settings to Smart Key
- To link your memory settings to your smart key, carry only your key into the vehicle.
- Make sure the power is on and the transmission is in park and then close the driver’s door.
- Press and hold your program memory button, one or two, to recall the position. At the same time press the driver’s door lock or unlock switch until you hear a confirming tone.
- The next time you unlock the vehicle using that same smart access key and open the driver’s door, the seat will be reset to your preferences even if they were changed in the interim.