Toyota 4Runner comes with HomeLink feature that allows you to remotely open or close garage door.
In addition to conveniently opening garage doors, HomeLink offers many other advantages. Because HomeLink can learn the frequencies of almost all radio hand transmitters, the system controls up to three functions such as garage and exterior gates, lighting and alarm systems conveniently from the car at the push of a button. This requires prior programming of the transmitter – here too, the system collects plus points because it is easy to program and operate.
- To program a garage door opener, first the 4Runner must be on.
- Then, simply hold the handheld remote control close to the HomeLink panel and simultaneously depress both the remote and desired HomeLink buttons. Either one, two or three, until the indicator light flashes rapidly.
- If your opener uses rolling code technology, just press and release the learn or smart button on the garage door motor. Note, once the button is pressed, you have 30 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
- Next, return to 4Runner and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds, and release.
- Repeat the press, hold, release sequence up to three times to complete the learning process.
- That’s it! HomeLink should now activate your device.