Your vehicle’s HomeLink system can be programmed to operate compatible garage doors, gates, entry doors, door locks, and other devices from the comfort and security of your vehicle.
This system has three buttons that you can use to program three different functions. Here’s how to perform the programming for a garage door opener.
- Select the button to be programmed and place your handheld garage door transmitter one to three inches from the surface of your HomeLink system.
- Be sure to keep the indicator light on the HomeLink system in view while you’re completing this process.
- Simultaneously press and hold the garage door transmitter button along with the selected HomeLink button.
- When the indicator light on the HomeLink system changes from a slow to a rapid flash for 20 seconds, release both buttons.
- To program another device for each of the other two HomeLink buttons, repeat these steps.
- You can test the operation of each program by pressing its program button. Please note that programming a Rolling Code system requires different steps. If for example your garage door transmitter employs a Rolling Code system, you’ll need to complete the four steps outlined previously. Next, locate and press the Training button on the ceiling-mounted garage door opener motor. Within 30 seconds, press and release the vehicle’s HomeLink button twice. The garage door may open. If it does, the programming is complete. If it does not open, press and release the HomeLink button a third time. This should complete the programming process by opening the garage door.
- To program Rolling Code systems for the remaining HomeLink buttons, simply repeat this process.
- Individual HomeLink buttons cannot be erased. You can, however, reprogram a single button by following the appropriate programming steps.
- If you sell your vehicle, be sure to erase the programs stored in the HomeLink memory. To erase all three programs at once, press and hold down the two outside buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds until the indicator light flashes.