This simple guide will show you how to open fuel door on Ford F-150, and also how to properly refuel your pickup truck.
Ford F-150 does not have any button in the interior to open the fuel door, it can only be opened from the outside.
How to open fuel door
- Turn off the engine and unlock your vehicle.
- To open the fuel filler door, press the center rear edge of the fuel filler door and then release.
- Pull the rear of the fuel filler door to open it.
How to refuel
- Switch off the engine.
- Shift into park (P) or neutral (N).
- Apply the parking brake.
- Fully open the fuel filler door.
- Insert the fuel pump nozzle up to the first notch on the nozzle A. Keep the fuel pump nozzle resting on the fuel tank filler pipe.
- Hold the fuel pump nozzle in position B when refueling. Holding the fuel pump nozzle in position A can affect the flow of fuel and shut off the fuel pump nozzle before the fuel tank is full.
- After refueling, remove the fuel pump nozzle from the fuel filler pipe.
- Fully close the fuel filler door.