Both the second and available third row seats can be adjusted for additional cargo space on Toyota Highlander.
Note: The method mentioned in this guide is specific to the second generation of Highlander produced between 2007 and 2013, so it might differ in other models.
Removing Center Stow Seat
- To remove the center stow seat, remove the side table from the console.
- Lower the center seat head restraint all the way.
- Pull the release strap on the adjoining seat and fold the center seat back down.
- Pull the release lever behind the center seat and lift.
- Then stow the second center seat in the console, making sure it is locked in position.
Fold Second Row Seats
- To fold the second row seats, using the seat position bar in front of the seat cushion, slide the folded seats all the way back.
- Pass the outboard seat belts through the hangers.
- And from inside, pull the release lever to unlock the seat back and then fold it down.
- Or from outside, pull the lever just inside the rear door opening, if so equipped.
Fold Third Row Seats
- To fold the third row seats, stow the third row seat belt buckles.
- Put the seat belts in the hangers.
- Pull the release at the top of the seat back to fold down the head restraints.
- Then pull the lever in the center of the seat back and fold it down.