If your Prius is equipped with the available solar ventilation system you can set it to blow outside air through the interior, should you leave it parked in direct sun.
Note: This guide is specific to third generation of Prius XW30 built between years 2009 and 2015, but it might work on other models as well.
- To turn it on first make sure the vehicle power is on.
- Then press the solar ventilation button on the left side of the instrument panel.
- About 10 minutes after you turn the vehicle off, the system may start using solar energy to help ventilate your Prius.
- Ambient air temperatures have an effect on the system, it will not operate if it is cool outside.
- The system stays on and will be ready to operate until you press the button again to turn it off.