The auto door locking and unlocking system helps add convenience as well as confidence.
Latest models are set from the factory to automatically lock the doors when the vehicle reaches about 10 mph.
Turn Off Auto Locks
- To turn it off, set the parking brake by lifting up on the P switch on center console.
- Open the driver’s door, then turn the ignition switch to ON.
- Now press and hold the master-door lock button on driver’s door for at least five seconds, until you hear a click. Then release the button.
- Within 20 seconds, turn the ignition switch to off.
- The auto door locking function is now disabled.
Turn On Auto Locks
If you want to turn the auto locks function back on, perform the same procedure, except, make sure the driver’s door is closed.
Note: Some models require you to press the master-door unlock button instead of lock button. So if the lock button doesn’t work for you, try the unlock button.