This guide will show you the proper procedure to connect any iPhone to Ford F-150 or any other Ford vehicle with a Sync3 system.
First you want to make sure that you are on your home screen, and you can tell you’re at your home screen if the little house icon in the top left is blue.
- Touch Connect a phone on home screen.
- Then press Add a Bluetooth Device, which will display Search for SYNC menu.
- Now go over to your cell phone’s settings, and make sure the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Now on your vehicle’s display, touch Discover Other Bluetooth Devices button. If a pop-up appears, touch Continue.
- Another pop-up will appear with “searching for discoverable Bluetooth devices” message.
- If your Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone, then it should bring up a device after a few seconds.
- If you don’t see any on the vehicle’s screen, then touch SYNC button on your phone’s discovery.
- After you touch either of the button, it will then take a few seconds to connect and display a pop-up with PIN code and ask if it matches to the pop-up displayed on your iPhone.
- Touch the Yes button on the pop-up in your vehicle as well as Pair button your phone.
- It should then display a confirmation message: “Pairing Successful”. Your phone is now connected to SYNC3 system on your Ford.
How to turn on Notifications
After you have connected your iPhone to the vehicle, go to your phone and under Bluetooth menu, touch the info icon next to SYNC which should display “Connected” next of it. Then touch the slider button next to Show Notifications. Now your phone notifications will be displayed on your Ford’s SYNC3 system.
You can watch this short video by Connor Beavis, which shows you how to connect your iPhone to Ford SYNC3.