Bluetooth pairing makes it easier to safely use a mobile device behind the wheel. Let’s review the step-by-step instructions on how to pair a Bluetooth device on Toyota RAV4, Camry, Highlander, Tacoma, Prius, Avalon, Mirai, Supra, Sienna, Tundra, C-HR, 4Runner, Sequoia or Land Cruiser.
To get started with the pairing process, make sure your Bluetooth connection is active on your device. With an Android device, you may also need to make sure it is visible to other searching devices.
- On your vehicle’s audio multimedia system, press the MENU button.
- Then tap Setup.
- Then select the Bluetooth tab.
- Touch Add new device and select Yes on confirmation.
- The system will begin searching for active Bluetooth devices nearby.
- Select your phone from the Audio multimedia display screen and then check that the pin on your phone matches the pin displayed on the audio multimedia display. If the pin is a match, touch Pair on your phone.
- You will also want to ensure the text message feature works, which allows notifications from your phone.
On an iPhone, notifications can be selected on or off from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
On an Android device you will likely get two pop-up notifications upon pairing: one asking to allow access to your contacts, and the other to access your messages. Select Yes for both.
Now you can use your mobile device through the vehicles audio multimedia system.