The Bluetooth HandsFreeLink feature on Honda HR-V lets drivers make and receive calls without touching their mobile phone.
To pair a phone to Bluetooth HandsFreeLink, first ensure that it’s compatible by checking the phone’s user’s guide. To go through the process the vehicle must be parked with the ignition on.
- Start by pressing the phone button on the infotainment system to bring up the phone screen.
- The first time a phone is paired, a prompt will appear asking if you’d like to add a new phone. Rotate the selector knob to highlight Yes and press the knob to select it.
- Make sure your phone is in search or discoverable mode, see your phone’s user’s guide if you don’t know how.
- When your phone appears on the list, press the selector knob.
- If your phone doesn’t appear, choose Phone Not Found, then search for Bluetooth devices with your phone and select HandsFreeLink.
- The system will then provide a pairing code on the audio screen, make sure it matches the code appearing on your phone and confirm on the screen. Some phones may also require that you allow the connection.
- A notification will appear on the audio screen when pairing is successful.