Once you pair your smartphone to the BMW’s infotainment system, it will automatically be configured as a telephone and a media player for Bluetooth audio.
To pair your Android phone, first ensure your phone’s Bluetooth is turned on.
- Using the iDrive, select the Communication menu.
- Scroll down and select Manage mobile devices,
- Next select Connect new device.
- Then select Telephone. The vehicle Bluetooth identity will appear on the iDrive screen.
- On your phone, open settings and select Bluetooth.
- Your phone will scan for nearby devices in a bid to locate your BMW.
- Select your BMW on your phone.
- A confirmation message will appear on iDrive screen, press OK to begin pairing.
- You may receive prompts to allow access to messages and contacts, touch Allow to complete pairing.
When complete, your phone is now configured as a telephone and a media player for Bluetooth audio. To access Bluetooth audio, select the Media/Radio menu and scroll down to your phone’s name.