Connecting an Apple CarPlay compatible iPhone to the display audio lets you enjoy many of the iPhones functions through the vehicles touchscreen without having to touch the iPhone.
First make sure your compatible iPhone has the latest software update, plus it’s critical that the cable you use is a genuine Apple cable and that it’s not worn or damaged. If you ever have problems connecting, have unexpected disconnects or receive “device not found” or “device not compatible” messages, it’s most likely due to an off-brand or damaged cable.
- Using the proper cable, plug the iPhone’s USB connector into the USB smartphone audio interface with the smart phone icon, located at the front end of the center console.
- After connecting the iPhone, go to the display audio home screen. When you first use Apple CarPlay a consent screen will appear before enabling CarPlay. After agreeing to the terms and conditions, select Enable Once, Always Enable or Cancel on the display audio.
- When enabled, an Apple CarPlay icon will now appear on home screen. Touch the icon to display the menu of apps.
- To return to the display audio home screen, touch the Honda icon.
Using Siri with Apple CarPlay
- The easiest way to use the apps on your iPhone is through Siri Apple’s voice recognition feature. To engage Siri, press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel until the system responds.
- You can now ask Siri to read your messages and respond to them by voice.
- You can use the Apple maps function to get directions. Note that models with the Honda satellite-linked navigation system can only use one system at a time.
- You can also ask Siri to place phone calls, play songs, describe the weather forecast and even what movies are playing nearby.
Deleting phone history from Apple CarPlay
Follow these simple steps to delete phones from the Apple CarPlay history.
- From the display audio home screen, touch Settings.
- Then touch Smartphone.
- Select Apple CarPlay from the list that appears.
- Select the phone you want to remove, then touch Delete and confirm the change.