Connecting an Android Auto compatible phone to the display audio on Honda Accord lets you enjoy many of the smartphone’s functions through the display audio touch screen, without having to touch the phone.
Before connecting a compatible smartphone you’ll need to download the Android Auto app from Google Play Store to the phone.
How to connect Android Auto
- With the vehicle parked, plug the Android phone’s USB connector into the USB smartphone audio interface in the pocket beneath the climate controls. On some models you can also use the USB smartphone audio interface in the center console compartment.
- When you first use Android Auto, a consent screen will appear before enabling. After agreeing to the terms and conditions, touch Enable on the display audio.
- A tutorial will appear on the display, complete the tutorial before driving and using Android Auto.
- Now an Android Auto icon will appear on the display audio home screen, touch the icon to go to Android Auto.
Using smartphone apps with Google Assistant
- The easiest way to use the apps on the smart phone is through Google Assistant – the apps voice recognition feature.
- To engage it, press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel until the system responds.
- Google Assistant will now remain engaged until you press the talk button again.
- You can use talk to Google to make and receive phone calls, have the system read emails and text messages, and respond to them, get directions via Google Maps, and engage Google Play Music and Google Now functions.
Delete Phones from Android Auto History
If you’d like to delete phones from the Android Auto history, here’s the process.
- From the display audio home screen, touch Settings.
- Then select Connections.
- Touch Smartphone Connection.
- Then select Android Auto from the list that appears.
- Select the phone you want to remove, then touch delete.
- Touch Yes to complete the process.
I’m facing a problem regarding this thing, my mobile phone is Samsung Note 9, when connecting to the car via USB cable, the phone asks to download a required certificate to get the mission done, but unfortunately, an error occurs and prevent the download process, I tried to download Android Auto to my phone, the installation didn’t get completed.
Any advice from your side?