Starting with 2021 model year, the 14th generation of Ford F-150 may be equipped with available Trailer Light Check.
Trailer Light Check feature on F-150 lets you check trailer light operation from your smartphone. It requires FordPass Connect and the FordPass app.
- Turn on the vehicle ignition and make sure the transmission is in Park.
- Open the app and login with your username and password.
- Select Vehicle.
- Select Trailer Light Check.
- Go to the back of the trailer and touch Start on the app.
The vehicle and trailer lights will cycle in sequence:
- Left turn signal
- Right turn signal
- Brake lights
- Reverse lights (if equipped)
The sequence will repeat 5 times. Or you can turn it off by tapping the Stop button on the app.