The Clarity electric is also equipped with DC fast charging capability that will provide clarity with an 80 percent charge in under 30 minutes, making it desirable for those times when you may want to fast on the go charge.
As with public level 2 chargers, you’ll typically need to first provide a payment method.
- Begin by scanning your payment card on the charger station and following the on-screen prompts – different charger stations may have slightly different on-screen prompts, but for the most part they will inform you of the charging cost before instructing you to connect the charger handle to your vehicle.
- To begin, open Clarity’s charge port door. The release lever is located to the left of the steering wheel – or you may also use the button on the key fob.
- Next remove the charger handle from the cradle.
- You’ll notice that the DC fast charger handle is slightly different from the level 1 and level 2 charger handles, while the top portion of the DC fast charger is the same as the level 1 and level 2 chargers, the DC fast charger includes horizontal portion at the bottom.
- To connect the charger handle, remove the cap covering the lower inputs on Clarity’s charge port.
- Align the connectors with the handle angled downward and insert the charger into Clarity’s charge port located on the driver’s side fender, as you would with the level 2 charger.
- When the charger handle is properly secured to the Clarity, electricity will begin to flow into the vehicle and you will see the indicator light inside the charge port changed from flashing to steady.
- You may also verify the connection by referring to the Chargers on-screen prompts, which will indicate that the connection is secure and electricity is flowing into the Clarity to charge your vehicle.
- In about 30 minutes the clarity will have an 80 percent charge.
- When charging is complete or when you’re ready to continue driving – press the lever on the charger handle and retract the charger handle from Clarity’s charge port.
- Return the charger to the cradle and follow any remaining on-screen prompts.