One of the most convenient features of Toyota Fortuner is its power liftgate, which can be opened and closed with the touch of a button. In this article, we will discuss the steps you can take to adjust the liftgate open position height to ensure that it operates safely and smoothly.
Opening the power liftgate
The power liftgate on the Toyota Fortuner can be opened in three ways: from the inside using the dashboard button, from the outside using the key fob, and from the back of the liftgate. These methods provide drivers with flexibility and convenience when accessing the cargo area. Read this article to learn more.
Adjusting height of the power liftgate
Here are the steps you can follow to adjust the liftgate height on your Toyota Fortuner:
- Open the liftgate.
- Stop the back door in the desirable position by pressing the power back door switch located at the bottom of the liftgate.
- Press and hold the power back door switch for 2 seconds.
- When the settings are completed, the buzzer sounds 4 times.
- The liftgate will stop at the height you have selected next time. The liftgate will remember this new position and stop at it every time you open the back door in the future.
How to reset the liftgate height
If you have adjusted the liftgate height on your Toyota Fortuner and wish to return it to its original factory settings, it is a simple process that can be completed in just a few steps.
- Open the liftgate.
- Press and hold the power back door switch for 7 seconds.
- The buzzer will sound four times, followed by two additional beeps (total 6 beeps).
- The liftgate will then return to its original settings, and the next time you open it, it will stop at the default position.
Liftgate jam protection function
The power liftgate in a Toyota Fortuner is equipped with sensors on both sides that detect any objects that may be blocking the door as it closes. If an object is detected by the sensors, the liftgate’s jam protection function is activated, which causes the liftgate to stop and move a little in the opposite direction. This feature is designed to prevent any damage or injury that may occur if an object becomes caught or trapped in the liftgate.
It is important to note that intentionally trying to activate the jam protection function on the liftgate of a Toyota Fortuner using any part of your body is dangerous and should be avoided at all times. While the jam protection function is designed to detect and prevent any objects from being caught or trapped in the liftgate, it may not always work if something gets caught just before the back door fully closes. Additionally, the function may not work effectively depending on the shape of the object that is caught. Therefore, it is crucial to exercise caution and avoid catching fingers or any other body part when using the power liftgate.
Power liftgate safety precautions
Using power liftgate can be a convenient feature in Toyota Fortuner, but it is essential to take proper safety precautions to avoid any accidents or damage. Here are some safety precautions to keep in mind when using the power liftgate in your Toyota Fortuner:
- Always make sure that there is enough clearance above and behind the liftgate before opening or closing it.
- Do not stand too close to the liftgate while it is operating, as this can cause injury.
- Make sure that all passengers are clear of the liftgate before operating it.
- Keep your hands and fingers away from the liftgate’s moving parts to avoid getting caught or injured.
- If there is a power failure or malfunction, avoid using the power liftgate and open and close the liftgate manually.
By following these safety precautions, you can help ensure that you and your passengers remain safe while using the power liftgate on your Toyota Fortuner.