The rear occupant alert system on F-150 monitors vehicle conditions and notifies you to check for rear seat occupants when you switch the ignition off.
The system monitors when rear doors have been opened and closed to indicate the potential presence of an occupant in the rear seat.
A message displays in the information and entertainment display screen and an audible warning sounds when you switch the ignition off after any of the following conditions have been met:
- A rear door is opened or closed while the ignition is on.
- You switch the ignition on within 15 minutes of a rear door opening and closing.
- You switch the ignition on within 15 minutes of the alert having displayed or sounded.
Switching rear occupant alert system on or off
You can enable or disable rear occupant alert on F-150 via SYNC 4 infotainment system settings.
- Go to Settings on the center touchscreen.
- Touch Vehicle.
- Switch Rear Occupant Alert on or off.
Note: The default setting is on.
Note: Performing a master reset causes the system to switch on again.
- The system does not detect the presence of objects or passengers in the rear seat.
- It monitors when rear doors are opened and closed.
- It is possible to receive an alert when there is no rear seat occupant, but alert conditions are met.
- It is possible to receive no alert when there is an occupant in the rear seat, if alert conditions are not met. For example, if a rear seat occupant does not enter the vehicle through a rear door.
- The audible warning does not sound when the front door is opened before you switch the ignition off.