Auto Hold feature on Ford F-150 applies the brakes to hold your vehicle after you stop it and release the brake pedal. This can help when waiting on a hill or in traffic.
If Auto Hold is activated, the last brake pressure is saved and the driver can take his foot off the brake. For example, when you stop at a red light on a slight incline. If you come to a standstill and take your foot off the brake, Auto Hold, as the name suggests, holds the vehicle in place until you accelerate again.
Switching Auto Hold on and off
The Auto Hold feature can be easily enabled or disabled via the SYNC 4 infotainment system on Ford F-150.
- Go to Features on the touchscreen.
- Touch Driver Assistance.
- Switch Auto Hold on or off.
- The system remembers the last setting when you start your vehicle.
You can only switch the system on after you close the driver door, and fasten your seatbelt. Make sure you switch the system off before using an automatic car wash.
How to use Auto Hold feature
- Bring your vehicle to a complete stop. The auto hold active indicator illuminates in the information display of your F-150.
- Release the brake pedal. The system holds your vehicle at a standstill. The auto hold active indicator remains illuminated in the information display.
- Pull away in the normal manner. The system releases the brakes and the auto hold active indicator switches off.
The system only activates if you apply enough brake pressure on the brake pedal. The system switches off if you shift into reverse (R) and press the brake pedal.
Under certain conditions, the system could apply the electric parking brake. The brake system warning lamp illuminates. The electric parking brake releases when you press the accelerator pedal.
There could be actions that can cause the auto hold system not to work when the following occur:
- When you use active park assist.
- Your vehicle is in stay in neutral mode.
- The driver door is open.
- You have not fastened your seatbelt.
- You shift into reverse (R) before the system is active.
Which F-150 models have Auto Hold feature?
Auto Hold is a standard feature equipped on all F-150 variants: XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum and Limited.