Ford F-150 comes with a feature that lets you automatically fold power side-view mirrors when you lock your vehicle and unfold when you unlock it.
The auto fold feature can be enable or disabled via SYNC 4 infotainment system on F-150.
- Go to Settings on the center touchscreen.
- Touch Vehicle Settings.
- Touch Mirrors.
- Switch Autofold on or off.
Which trims have auto fold mirrors?
All F-150 vehicles equipped with power folding mirrors can be set to auto fold. Power folding side-view mirrors are standard on Lariat, Platinum, King Ranch and Limited variants. XL and XLT trims do not have power folding side-view mirrors.
Manually fold mirrors
You can also manually fold side-view mirrors when needed, for example in tight parking conditions. Press the mirror fold button on the driver’s door to fold the side-view mirrors.
Press the button again to unfold.
Note: Do not stop the mirrors midway through their movement. Wait until the mirrors stop moving and press the control again.
The left-hand and right-hand mirrors move at different rates. For example, one mirror may stop while the other one continues to move. This is normal.
If you press the control switch to fold in the mirrors with auto-fold on, the mirrors do not unfold when you unlock your vehicle.
Note: The power folding mirrors operate with the ignition on, and for several minutes after you switch the ignition off.
Note: If you fold and unfold the mirrors several times within one minute, the power fold function may turn off to protect the motors from overheating.
Reset power folding mirrors
If your power-folding mirrors are manually folded, they may not work properly even after you re-position them. You need to reset them if:
- The mirrors vibrate when you drive.
- The mirrors feel loose.
- The mirrors do not stay in the folded or unfolded position.
- One of the mirrors is not in its normal driving position.
To reset the mirrors perform the following steps:
- By hand, fold or retract both mirrors.
- Using the power folding/power telescoping mirror control switch, operate the mirrors until you hear an audible click.
- Operate the power folding or power telescoping mirrors an additional 3 to 4 times to synchronize the mirrors.